Friday, December 21, 2018

Crunch Time

Inspirational song: Vincent (Don McLean)

Within five feet of me, there are five art projects in various stages of production. One is my therapy crochet that I started in November, to keep my hands busy and my nerves calm. Three are Christmas presents, and I'm not saying what they are (even though one is for someone who never reads my blog and doesn't have a Facebook account, so he'll never be tipped off, and the other two are for someone who only rarely reads this page). The last one is a test piece that will probably end up a present, if I like how it comes out. Having them all within reach makes me feel like I should be working on all of them at once. Prioritizing is a bit wearying. This also makes me not want to be distracted by writing tonight. I missed a bunch of valuable work time today by shopping and going to a Saturnalia party, for which I had to prepare food to bring. I need to sketch a pattern or two out (for two completely different types of media), and then work until I fall asleep on this stuff. Time is running out.

I feel bad for cutting this short, but I absolutely must do it. To make up for it, I offer instead a photo of Mighty Momo in a gift bag, after tonight's white elephant exchange.


No comments:

Post a Comment