Friday, May 3, 2019

Air Out

Inspirational song: Valley Girl (Frank Zappa ft. Moon Unit Zappa)

Five days late, that chokecherry tree finally blossomed out. It's showy and fussy and now my back yard smells fantastic. It even overwhelms the smell of Murray poo, most of the time. What a week this was, going from sloppy wet snow for two days to thick, almost sultry, perfumed air by week's end. It had something for everyone. Or more personally, it had everything I want in a spring week. Y'all can choose your own spring flavors.

We have entered the windows-and-doors-always-open months of the year. I love this season. Following winter it's so nice to turn the heat off and air out the house. In the fall it's nice to stop running fans all day and night, and I finally start to sleep again when the heat breaks. And in both of those time periods, the cats get to shake off a little cabin fever and run around the back yard. To be precise, the girls play in the back yard. Alfred runs the alley, and now Harvey has discovered the view in the front is superior to the one in the back. Several days ago, we caught Harvey slinking under my mother's car, right next to the curb. I do not like this turn of events. My street is no less busy than it was four years ago when we lost Zoe on it. If anything, there are more cars zooming up and down it, all the time.

After a rough day yesterday, I'm getting my recovery back on track today. I never realized just how much I reach and lift with my left hand until I was told not to do it for weeks. It's impossible not to do it at least a few times a day, and I do it more than a few times. No idea how they are going to react on Monday when I tell them how active I've been. I don't expect approval.





No comments:

Post a Comment