Sunday, May 26, 2019

Clarified

Inspirational song: The Meaning of Life (Monty Python)

Another day hijacked by the fish pond. It may finally be settled, however. Or is that "settling." We built an under-gravel filter, that we then pulled up to put sand underneath the gravel. We spent hours getting that all set, and then discovered that the flow on the pump was way too low. So we dug out the pond for a third time, second today, and put more holes in the PVC pipe system.We treated the water with barley pellets, put in about 20 gallons of fresh water, and washed algae off of the bigger rocks too. By the time we had returned the pumped-out water to the pond, resettled the rocks, and released the half-dozen additional fish, I was so tired, all I could do for half an hour was to stand at one end of the pond, staring at the water coming out of the filter hose, waiting for the pond to clear.

I'm not used to extended outside days. I'm finding it difficult to write, through pain and fatigue, and for having T over to visit over a backyard fire. I think it's a good night to rely on pictures to tell my story while I stare into the flames and wait for one thing or another to dull my pains.







No comments:

Post a Comment