Thursday, May 2, 2019

Stupid

Inspirational song: Time in a Tree (Raleigh Ritchie)

All day long I have been castigating myself for not following instructions. I didn't actually have to participate in the preparation of last night's dinner. My daughter had come over to do it, and she was prepared to do the whole thing. But I'm a control freak and it was my kitchen so naturally I was running around doing waaaaaaay too much. I let her cut the veggies, and move the Instant Pot and the stand mixer for bread. But I kept doing dishes and pulling mixing bowls from shelves above my head and I did a lot of the actual assembly of veggie soup (with chickpeas -- it was fabulous) and gluten free dinner rolls. And then I swept the floor and fiddled around putting away ingredients. By the time D&D rolled around, I was pooped and sore. I started shutting down halfway through the game session. I ached when I crawled into bed. I should not have done three-quarters of the things I did yesterday.

Today was awful. The worst is how much it feels like there's a tennis ball of pain stuck under my left arm. There isn't any visible swelling, but everything that was cut feels like it's heavier and fatter than it was yesterday morning. Even reaching as far as the side table to pick up my coffee was uncomfortable. Carrying my plate back to the kitchen after dinner, using my left hand, was difficult. I'm calling myself all kinds of names, and they follow the twin themes of being stupid and not being able to handle a simple convalescence plan.

Being stuck inside trying to heal meant a lot of time to read and watch videos again. Today I learned that the guy who plays Grey Worm on Game of Thrones has a pop music career as well. I'm usually not a big fan of pop music but I really enjoyed the songs and the videos that went with them. It was a lot easier to accept this side of him than to wrap my brain around Hodor as a giant, funky DJ. I can't process that, even after seeing the snippet of him bouncing around on stage with rave music thumping.

No pictures today. I didn't take any new ones, and I don't have any recent ones in my back pocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment