Sunday, May 3, 2020

Be Funny On Demand

Inspirational song: Godzilla (Blue Öyster Cult)

There was no right answer. First thing this morning, it was overcast cool. Perfect time for a lupie to be outside. By mid-morning, the sun was out, making the opposite true. If I had gone outside when the sun was covered, the grass would have been too wet to mow. Waiting made it easier on the lawn mower and the turf. Being out in the sun made it harder on me. Still, I followed through on my task, and mowed the whole front yard...poorly. I'm not very good at it. It's more like vacuuming when I do it. Edging is beyond my skillset at present.

I'm worn out and sore and it's all I can do to think straight. So naturally it was online game night with the gang. I felt like my Quiplash answers were weak, the whole time. I had exactly one good round, kind of in the middle of play. Everything else was terrible. At the neighbors' suggestion, we tried a new game, and I can't remember what it was called. You had to put in a series of topics like Mad Libs, and then use those with prompts to create jokes. In the final round, you had to rewrite someone else's joke and go head to head with the original. We played four games, and I won the first round on either all or three out of four of them. When it came to the rewrites, I dropped to third place or worse every time.

I'm glad we have the ability to play online like this, but I am getting pretty antsy for the time when we can all be in the same room again. I miss being able to see people's faces clearly. But I also like not having the virus, and not being responsible for injuring or killing my friends and family, so I will wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment