Saturday, May 2, 2020

Table of Contents

Inspirational song: Lusty Month of May (Camelot)

Told ya April was going quickly. It’s already over. Here we are in May, and I for one couldn’t be happier about it. I have a legitimate expectation of good things happening this month. Some events will be a bit bigger than others, and timing is a bit, ah, fluid. But I’m just so glad finally to be within three weeks of several milestones.

Obviously the grand prize this month is the premiere of The Littlest Smith, sometime in the next two and a half weeks. I have no control over that one. I get to sigh and tap my fingers and wait. If I were focused and energetic, I would wrap up all the little projects I have outstanding, like a crocheted blanket, and messy rooms on the main floor of my house that need to be babyproofed. Instead I am as lethargic as half the country during lockdown (the half who are not taking their dogs on hourly walks in between organizing Zoom choir concerts). As my nervousness and excitement build, maybe I’ll throw out all the junk clogging up my living room, and start finding good places to store the toys and tiny furniture to come. We brought in a spare high chair, and it never made it farther than the entryway. All four cats inspected it thoroughly.

Even the less monumental events should be awesome. Everything from long-postponed doctor visits down to the arrival of vegetable gardening season comes this month. The ENT doctor and I were both exposed to infected people during the same week, and we each went on quarantine instead of meeting for the first time. I’ve waited a long time for this one to come back around. The delay has given me time to work out what to say to her, so there was a silver lining. But I am ready for it all to get under way.

No comments:

Post a Comment