Friday, May 15, 2020

Time

Inspirational song: Wasted Time (The Eagles)

I can’t even pretend this time. Usually I can tease out some useful thing I accomplished in a given day to write about in detail, if I haven’t got anything important to say. Today even that would be too much of a lie. I will not take credit for one iota more than I have done. The best I can say is that I woke up early, like well before seven, and stayed up. Nothing improved from there.

I got coffee, and settled in with my iPad to play time waster games. At one point I got up to make an egg scramble based on quiche Lorraine. Then back to games. The Mr suggested I try again to start seeds that will go in the new garden bed, which at least got me dressed, after a fashion, in a Costco shirt and dirty shorts that clashed horribly. The task burned up less than an hour. Back to the game. I started the day with just over three billion points. After wasting the entire day, I burned through more than a third of my available points. Now I did nothing productive for like ten hours, and I made myself mad and disappointed too.

I didn’t even shower until 8 pm, and that was only so I could put on jammies and come over to play Mario Party and watch the others eat Chinese takeout that I can’t touch. (It smells amazing, so I will search this place’s website for gluten free options.) Instead, I’m blogging early in the evening, because I’m halfway through a milkshake concoction I shall euphemistically refer to as a “sleep machine.”

And we still don’t have a grandbaby. I didn’t believe we would have to wait for induction, but it’s looking more and more like a possibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment