Thursday, May 28, 2020

Wait and See

Inspirational song: For What It's Worth (Buffalo Springfield)

There is a whole lot happening tonight. I've been away from the news, working in my garden, on a really monumental day, so I feel particularly unready to discuss my early feelings. There are no easy platitudes for a moment like this, with civil unrest, economic collapse, and a global public health crisis all at once. There is too much to sum up in a tidy paragraph, written at bedtime by a tired, sore woman. I choose to hold my tongue now. I may try to come at this in small bites as the week plays out.

We focused on the arduous task in the front yard all day. Mr S-P did more work in the pit than I did, but I still did enough weed-picking to wreck my spine and corresponding muscle structures for the whole day. We did a fair bit of pointing and negotiating on placement of the berm with rock border and gravel paths that we are planning. We are still in talks about a short picket fence across the front of the yard, and whether to install a gate or even an archway. Not sure where that will go as the season progresses.



No comments:

Post a Comment