Thursday, May 7, 2020

Dog Tired

Inspirational song: Hair of the Dog (Nazareth)

Frankly it's surprising it took this long. Until now, I had been fixing my hair and makeup and wearing street clothes for Zoom meetings. This morning, not so much. I was still sore from gardening yesterday evening, and I had fallen asleep in one of those solid color scoop neck t-shirts from Target (the kind I consider nearly disposable because I go through so many) over a sports bra. I sort of finger combed my hair and promised myself under no circumstances would I stand up and reveal my pajama pants, and I logged in to the monthly sales meeting. I even sat with the TENS unit zapping my back for the first 55 minutes of it. It felt weird, being so casual around my employing broker, but it also felt liberating, joining the pandemic zeitgeist.

I've just returned from a long gaming session next door. Technically the lock down ends tomorrow, but as I have explained, we live so much in a permanent shared space situation with T it was impossible to break that up for the quarantine. Other than grocery shopping, it was the only place I really went until the last week. Everyone else joined remotely, and the game ran for three plus hours. We were fighting giant hyenas and gnolls, which are bi-pedal hyena-like creatures. There were more of them than there were of us, which is saying a lot, because our party is large. The whole encounter was challenging, and even though my character is a total tank, I worried that she was about to go down. I don't think I am emotionally strong enough to handle it if she were to be killed off. I've invested a lot of my heart in building my fearless Amazon. We all survived, but it was a close thing for a couple of us. 

The whole time we played, I was draped with dogs. First T's girlfriend's dog Jasper perched on me, with both of his laws draped across my ankles (until the camera came out and of course he moved.) Then Hops came up and completely sacked out on top of me. He was so tired and barely budged for hours. It is so sweet that that anxious and mildly aggressive rescue dog from two years ago has settled into a needy boy who loves his auntie.

No comments:

Post a Comment