Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Everyone's a Comedian

Inspirational song: Always Look on the Bright Side of Life (Monty Python)

Blackadder: "Well done, Baldrick. You have earned a short holiday. (Pause) Did you enjoy it?"

I raved about the sun yesterday. I gloried in its return. I am sure my friends and neighbors did much the same. This morning I took two steps off the porch on my walk and it started to rain. I looked up like I was being punked.

I went the same route as yesterday. I'm enjoying it more than the close-in walk. This time I noticed something that made me think of the man fondly. We always make fun of housing developments that are named after things that were destroyed to build the houses, like Deer Run, Oak Brook, the Meadows, etc. I noticed that the section lovingly named "Woodmont" is perfectly flat, composed of brick and stucco houses, with manicured lawns each with only a few carefully tended trees. Yep. Someone has a sense of humor.

Every woman at some point in her life has selected a photo of a beautiful, thin model, and decided that staring at this photo will motivate her to transform into that airbrushed perfection. I provided such an inspirational photo for my new weeping willow. I took the picture along the walk of what the willow and I dream we will have in a few years. For reference, I am including a photo of what it looks like now, struggling to get established down in the unmowable swamp.

I have to move faster this morning. I need to get my nails done, and touch up my hair before I go to my daughter's graduation. Then I need to go vote in a special election. My choices are a comedian's sister and a joke who used state money to get some strange. I know exactly who I prefer.

1 comment:

  1. Alas, my snake willow is having to start over from the ground up after last year's drought.

    ReplyDelete