Thursday, May 23, 2013

On a Slow News Day

Inspirational song: Something Waiting to Happen (Marillion)

I made a promise to myself. Writing will happen every day. But now I have to figure out how to make the mundane interesting. I don't think it's possible every single time. Some days really are just about nothing. This isn't to imply that I didn't get anything accomplished today. I was actually very busy. But today yardwork was just yardwork, and a picnic with my man's coworkers was just grilled chicken and small talk. I'm actually glad for it. I needed a day when the most exciting moment was trying to save a tiny lizard from the large boy cat who thought he was going to be praised for bringing it into the kitchen. (I failed, btw. The best I got was chasing him back outside, where I could only hold the boy and his huntress sister back for so long. The lizard never ran away, and I gave up.) I think today I'll just page through my photos and find a couple pretty ones, and call it a day. Re-run pictures, while I watch a re-run of Big Bang Theory. 





No comments:

Post a Comment