Saturday, September 7, 2013

Building a Blanket Fort

Inspirational song: Holiday Road (Lindsay Buckingham)

I have written recently about how hard it is sometimes to leave the house. I managed to do it twice today, but much as I people can feel migraines coming on, I sense the storm on the horizon. I will be surprised if I even make it into real clothes tomorrow. It's even odds that I may be in jammies, in a blanket fort most of the day. I hope I'm wrong, I really do. Tomorrow is supposed to be my total day off, no exercise so my muscles have time to repair themselves. I just can't let that turn into an excuse not to be a functional adult. Fingers crossed.

I think I'm just in a horrible mood, and listening to last year's football team come back is souring my mood even farther. I'm streaming the game on the Internet, while watching a marathon of Vacation movies with the sound muted. The team was playing fine when Christmas Vacation was on, but since Vegas Vacation started, the game has gone to shit. And so has my attitude. Maybe I should take tonight as that day off I keep thinking I need from writing, and hope a full night's sleep improves things.

Hey, you cats. Move. I need these couch cushions for my fort.

No comments:

Post a Comment