Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Seems Like Old Times

Inspirational song: Tumbling Dice (The Rolling Stones)

It was better than I expected, getting back to the club that consumed all of my time and thoughts last board year. I was able to go to a social event tonight, and relax and just play. I didn't have to network or make decisions. I got to roll dice and drink 7&7s and gossip. What a joy that was. It was fantastic not to worry about politics. So different than last year. Unfortunately, I now have a new concern: if my condos are uninhabitable for four to six months, and I can't collect rent for all that time, I'm not sure I will have the disposable income to do a lot of the best activities that the club does in the fall. (Fall tends to be more social, with most of the big philanthropic works coming around Christmas and early spring.)  It's to my benefit not to go out to lunch with them for a while, to all the glorious, fattening restaurants we frequent, while I'm working with the trainer and trying to get fit again. But I will be sad to miss out on those delicious lunches. Perhaps my income will stabilize right around the time that my dress size does too.

I delayed one more day getting back in the gym. I was nearly recovered from the stomach upset, but still moving just slowly enough that I wasn't ready to really our myself into a workout. I can't let this vacation go on any longer. I need to jump back in with both feet tomorrow.

I did not go to a flooring showroom to evaluate my options for the condos yet. The project manager told us not to drag out feet on making the choices. This is not the thing to say to a girl like me. I've taken waffling on choices to an art form. I think I know what I want, but I could easily end up hating it when I see it in person. It would help if I had a better idea what our per square foot allowance is. This is my best chance to do the right thing for the long term value of these places. I believe that the property values for all of us will end up rising, since everyone will have updated floors, fresh paint, plus new cabinets and appliances in many units. I'm still sad to lose my tenants. I hope they were able to secure new apartments. The kids haven't told me whether the FEMA money has come in yet. Any day now.

I didn't take pictures today. The kitten spent the whole day prancing around, doing a lot of "mommy, look at me" type moves. But I watched rather than filmed. So I have nothing to share but memories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment