Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Isbedtimeright?

Inspirational song: Refugee (Tom Petty)

I didn't have a whole lot of physical labor today, but it was still a very big day. I picked up my brother, who rode an overnight bus in from Oklahoma with some unsavory characters, so he could help us with the cleanup effort. He was very glad to be off the bus and away from some of the more colorful fellow riders. But if putting up with a sixteen hour bus ride gets him a visit back where he used to live, and maybe a new outlook and a chance to move back up to Colorado for good, then all will be worth it. He wasn't in a happy cycle, and I'd love to help facilitate a more rewarding course of action for him. The timing of his arrival wasn't the best though. It meant I didn't make it up to the condo to make any progress until the middle of the afternoon, but once I did, I got some good news. The kids are going to be allowed back in to their homes much sooner than we feared. I thought the restoration company was telling me no way, not for the four to six months it will take to get everything done. But not only will the work begin very soon, but the kids will only be required to be away for a little longer. We are talking weeks instead of months, as long as the workers have access to the unit and the pets are out of the way.

I have to say, the cats and dog have impressed me. I taught my girls to be very good pet parents. This I already knew. But having all of them combined into a single room, and see that they all are keeping a good attitude, no big fights, is amazing. It tells me that my girls are exceptionally good to their fur babies, and the cats and dogs are healthy emotionally as well as physically, and able to roll with the punches. Their little refugee faces are so sweet. Regardless, I will be glad when they can go back home and have their own territories back.

I waited until very late to get started on this. Now I need to get to bed, so that tomorrow can be active, moving the older daughter's personal belongings so they can rip out the befouled carpet. I feel compelled to make an endorsement, something I normally do not do so specifically. I am highly impressed so far with Above All Restoration. They have been on the ball, helpful, friendly, hard-working, and very communicative. And the current HOA board members have been visible and helpful. This could have been a nightmare for everyone, and every time I interact with these folks, my stress level goes down. This is the opposite of what I expected.

I will close with what my younger daughter says whenever her tabby gets right up in her face, to say that he is sleepy. I agreed to get up early and go walking with my host, so, "Isbedtimeright?"

No comments:

Post a Comment