Sunday, December 15, 2013

Art Harder

Inspirational song: Blood from a Clone (George Harrison)

Slowly, I am creepy toward progress on some of the various fragments of art I have been juggling for a while. I started the consumable craft I am making for Christmas, and spent a little time with a colorful work that I promised to someone years ago. But it is such a hard slog, I feel like I'm trying to drive with the emergency brake on. I have great desire to create, and minimal focus to do any one thing well, or quickly. I'm not giving up. I'm choosing to view this not as an impediment to my art, but rather a nozzle. And since a nozzle not only restricts flow, it also concentrates force and velocity, I expect to be able to art harder, as it was suggested to me last week. I just have to keep pushing through days like today when each stroke or stitch or cut comes at great effort.

Slow art was not all I managed to do today. I am trying to put my house back in order, literally and metaphorically. I feel like everyone in my care went insane all at once. I will keep the drama of my human family off of the Internet, but I will complain wildly about my fur babies. Is it just the decreased temperatures and hours of light that make them all go stir crazy? They have all been needy and acting out, and when animals act out, things get messy. I have been one step behind the destructive little beggars and thieves. The race is not completely run, but I am starting to catch up now. The house isn't clean, but it's clean-er. I've rearranged a few things that should improve the way things function, and I'm pretty sure it will improve the way I sleep. Once I'm sleeping normally, I might be able to wrangle all these needy beasts. Or at least keep them from walking all over me, as they have been lately. That would be enough for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment