Sunday, December 8, 2013

Seasonality

Inspirational song: Father Christmas (The Kinks)

Ah, what a beautiful day it was today. It was gray and misty all day, with a high that never got out of the forties. My absolute favorite kind of day. I had the heat turned off from last week's heat wave, so by the time I watched the football game during the blizzard in Philly, I was downright chilly. Watching all that snow, while in a cold room made it finally feel like December. I had to burrow under a blanket to make it through the game. I was about to give up hope, but that cold front came through with exactly what I needed. My attitude is coming around. I even indulged in some hot chocolate.

I went to a couple stores tonight, partly to get out in the cool air, and partly to scout out some supplies. I decided what I would do for Christmas presents, and I made a couple purchases from Amazon last week. They should be here by Tuesday or Wednesday, so I still have time to prepare. I haven't decided whether to keep everything I bought today. I got different varieties of equipment. I'm not good at making decisions.

For all that I'm feeling better, I still think the Christmas decorations are staying in the garage for now. I am starting to get a little bit of the bug, but not enough to drag out the ladders to retrieve everything from the top shelf. It's a two or three person job, and I don't have a partner for this. If I didn't know I'd get a talking-to, I'd just bring home a couple new things to hang up. But that would mean having more junk to store and eventually move. That last part is also what kept me from filling up my cart with "nostalgic" games and toys, obviously marketed at my demographic, at the import store tonight. They were classic toys from my childhood, like the little square looms that make the potholders out of loops of t-shirt weight fabric. I loved those. I very nearly grabbed one, just for myself. And then I saw the weirdest box. At first it caught my eye because I always thought the word was "hooplah." But then, I looked at it. Is.. Is that child playing a game with a disembodied hand?


No comments:

Post a Comment