Monday, June 29, 2015

And the Winner Is...

Inspirational song: Have a Cigar (Pink Floyd)

Ladies and gentlemen, mesdames et messieurs, meinen dammen und herren, we have a new Smith Park. It was a gut-wrenching day, waiting for the word to come from our real estate agent. We had a few communications back and forth regarding dates not entered and tees not crossed, etc. The last thing we heard was, "we should know by around 3." When 3 came and went and we had heard nothing, I went from that tiny glimmer of hope this morning to anxiety (while the man said, "maybe she said 3:30?") to soul-crushing agony thinking that we didn't get the house. I was planning my next move, wondering how much we could escalate our bid to, the whole while Mr S-P was convinced we overbid by a lot, based on the sold comps for June. We took a drive in the mountains to get our mind off of the process while it was out of our hands. For an hour or more we were out of cell coverage, and once or twice, for a few seconds at a time, I actually did forget the anxiety. When we turned back towards Denver, we had a little pocket of full 4G coverage, and we pulled over to check our voice mail. We were still sitting in the car, so dancing like an overjoyed goofball was out of the question. But slowly, as we wound down a beautiful, eerily green canyon, it started to feel real. I was afraid to believe. I barely slept a wink last night. (It didn't help that we are in a poorly ventilated apartment with no a/c) Now I can allow myself the luxury of planning out rooms, deciding how we will re-landscape the front yard, and researching 1959 era paint colors. I wanted to look up on Pinterest the best way to keep all the original copper looking perfect, but I was just superstitious enough to think that search would jinx the deal. I can do it all now. Vive le Park West!

While I fantasize about the Mad Men themed housewarming party I want to throw, enjoy some photos from our mountain drive this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment