Sunday, June 7, 2015

F

Inspirational song: Separate Ways  (Journey)

That's it. Truck is full. Three dimensional tetris is complete. At the end we scrambled to find soft, loose items, like throw pillows and sheet sets, to wedge in every available gap. When I walked away, my man MacGyver was standing in the one square foot of column space left at the back, wondering whether he could fit the cherry tomato plant in it before he closes the hatch. If not, it might be one of our veggie babies that spends the summer at Bonfire Camp. The jeep is not ready to leave the shop, so even once we have our final out next week, there will be a reason to come back in a few months. Either the jeep will drive out of here on its own power or be towed. It will be an opportunity for the man to get one last late season beach day, and one last Bonfire. If we need to leave things behind, he can collect them then.

The house still feels full. I don't know how that is possible, considering all day he requested boxes of specific dimensions, and I struggled mightily to find enough things to fill them. I wandered up and down through every room, and half of the boxes I filled were labeled "panic." Once he pulls out of here tomorrow, my main foci will be cleaning and resting. I think it feels so full still because of the mess. As I write, he is bringing down the loose crap from the two spare rooms, and consolidating it all in the living room. Maybe once I have organized and sorted tomorrow, I will see how we can fit it all in a trailer next week.

I consider us lucky that we filled the truck before we hit the F-it stage. There is very little we need to accomplish in the morning to get him out the door. This has been rough as hell, but the end is near. Now we can sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment