Friday, June 26, 2015

Used Up

Inspirational song: It's My Party (Lesley Gore)

I think I have had as much as I can take for a while. My body is tired, my emotions overwrought. The smallest things set me off, and I needed a solid two hour nap today. We drove past a couple potential houses today, and nothing amused me. The neighborhoods just fatigued me further. It's all well and good to watch a House Hunters marathon on TV, but take it from me it sucks in real life. We started this whole process back last summer, from different sides of the globe. In addition to being sick of the process, I've had the joy of watching house prices double in that time period, especially as speculators, investors, and flippers have gotten their tainted hands in the works. Seeing a flip now just makes me hot and angry.

I'm ready to turn off the tough chick who does home renovations and heavy lifting with the big dogs. I'm ready to be a girly girl again. Today I got a free nail polish with the renewal of my beauty supply membership and now I sport very short, very neon pink nails. Tomorrow, my BFF and I plan to get pedicures and paint rainbow flags on our toenails to celebrate today's historic announcement. Until then, I need to sleep off the rather girly drunk I have from a third of a bottle of amaretto and try and reset my soul. I have little to offer in the way of pictures, other than a little red-headed dog who really wanted to eat the squirrels who taunted him from the trees at our daughter's condo. I will try to do better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment