Thursday, June 4, 2015

Fragmented Minds

Inspirational song: Frogs (Tales From Muppetland: The Frog Prince)

Oh, right. I can't just collapse into bed. I blog first. Hard to remember these things lately. My brain is not firing on all cylinders. I can't make important decisions, tell a compelling story with fewer than six awkward pauses, or even feed myself properly. We went out to dinner late this evening, and I forgot to ask for dressing on the salad that was my whole meal, and I failed to exclude crutons. We are both worn down to nubs. I keep coming up to spaces the man has left, saying things like, "Why is Murray in the front yard," or "Why is there a burner randomly on on the stove, with no pot on it?" He just looks at me patiently when I stop in the middle of sentences and just stare into space. And we both stood for a couple of minutes, listening to the amazing dance tune the frogs were singing in the cat tails by Steel City in the dark. Easily distracted.

Big progress today. Furniture is coming downstairs, carpet is coming up, cupboards are emptying. We shut off the Internet today, and the tv goes tomorrow. We are down to the wire. Things are disappearing into cardboard sleeves so fast  barely remember what went in the boxes by the time I get around to labeling them.

I took dozens of pictures today. Maybe they can tell a coherent story. I can't. I'm no good for anything else tonight. I'm going to be embarrassed when I go back and read this tomorrow, aren't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment