Wednesday, August 26, 2015

B.A.

Inspirational song: I'm Not Gonna Let It Bother Me Tonight (Atlanta Rhythm Section)

I think I earned a day of hiding from the world and giving zero shits about everything outside of my basement. This morning I put the man on a plane for his exciting vacation, and I'm staying home with the animals and mess and projects. Upon arrival back at the house, I immediately napped, twice told door-to-door steak saleswomen I wasn't interested (seriously, WHY have I not affixed the No Soliciting sign to the front of the house? Just because it won't stick to the brick?), and hid in the basement watching junk from my DVR queue. Now I'm left with a bad attitude and a lingering upset stomach from having breakfast at a restaurant. I will probably be awake for hours yet, thanks to that nap, but I doubt my day will get any more exciting, nor will my attitude gain any more sunshine. The best I have is a few pictures from the garden, after I watered. Tomorrow I might be excited about the bounty of raspberries that are hours from ripening, or the black cherry tomatoes that are still at the same distance from ripe as they were a week or two ago. Tonight, I think I need television. And maybe wine.








No comments:

Post a Comment