Monday, August 10, 2015

Limited Release

Inspirational song: Lido Shuffle (Boz Scaggs)

Everyone always wishes they could have a vacation to recover from their vacation. How fortunate am I that I got to have exactly that? I spent a couple hours being functional first thing this morning, and then before noon I was stumbling towards my room, hoping that I would be hovering over a bed before my body insisted on being horizontal. By the time I woke, the dogs had talked their papa into taking them off on an adventure, and I missed out on it completely. They all went down and played in a creek. Murray wasn't sure at first whether the water was going to be as challenging as the ocean was, but he seemed to adapt to it very quickly. I'm a little jealous that they all had an out and I stayed home.

I was planning on spending the evening sorting my pictures from this weekend, and preparing the first bulk release of them. Instead, we had to pick up our daughter from the airport, and her flight was delayed much as mine was, to go the long way around another big line of thunderstorms, going from Austin all the way to Albuquerque and up. Honestly, I think the radar looked worse today than yesterday when they sent us to Amarillo. We didn't get home until late tonight, after a frustrating dinner stop (the first two places we tried to eat were already closed, and we ended up dining in the car, from food purchased at Target.) Due to fatigue and the lateness of the hour, my photo-sorting will be abbreviated somewhat, with the focused explanations tomorrow.

I made my first fabric selections for a mid-century modern home. Just a few patterns for curtains and some throw pillows. Many more will come over the next several months. I wonder how hard it's going to be to retrieve the sewing machine from the side of the garage, behind stacks of boxes eight feet deep. I will start shuffling the stacks tomorrow.












No comments:

Post a Comment