Thursday, August 20, 2015

Sneezy, Sleepy, Dopey

Inspirational song: The No-No Song (Hoyt Axton)

Most of the rest of the basement ceiling came out today. The acoustic tiles practically fall off with the slightest effort as the man pulled them down. The stringers take a little more work. The house echoes with the sound of nails being pried loose. The basement is full of dust, and while the tv installation guy was here, I was trying to hang out down there to watch the install. Not long after he left, I found myself getting stuffy and tired. I tested out my daybed in the dressing room, and kept waking up as my throat and sinuses closed. Later I was asked to give opinions about placement of the recessed lighting in the basement, but the floating dust was so thick, even after vacuuming, I couldn't stay more than a few minutes before I ran off for allergy meds. Apparently I was destined to lose much of today to sneezing, sleeping, and loopiness from Benadryl.

Several times Mr Smith Park tried to suggest that he hadn't met his goal of unpacking at least one box today. I had to persuade him that getting the daybed out of the basement and actually assembling it gained us so much space, that it totally counts. Plus, he has almost completely denuded the basement ceiling. This is what counts as a wasted day for us anymore. I'm going to take credit for reactivating both my television account and my fantasy football league in one day. Woohoo! Progress! I'm sure I can coast from here.

Those delphiniums we bought a few days ago have begun to bloom. They are every bit as beautiful blue as I predicted they would be. But we need to train ourselves all over again to water regularly. The sprinklers aren't keeping up with the task. Oh, right, we live in a dry place again, and we aren't living in an apartment. We have to actively pay attention to these flowers if we don't want them drooping. Considering we just filled that bed with perennials, an investment in the future, then we will be out there with a hose a lot more often. Just not today. I needed sleep and meds more than I needed gardening.







No comments:

Post a Comment