Sunday, October 11, 2015

Death and Taxes

Inspirational song: Walk of Life (Dire Straits)

It tried to be a nice, peaceful Sunday. We stayed home, worked on projects. Wrapped up a few things, like my craft cabinet that is dry and curing so that I can fill it. There are now four post holes dug for the new and improved fence that will be going in over the next couple weeks. I napped through most of the Broncos game. Not a bad day. Then, right about the time I tried to start my homework for tomorrow, Mr S-P recommenced binge-watching the Walking Dead marathon he recorded this weekend. Do you know how hard it is to concentrate on title transfer, tax stamps, and probate laws while there are zombies exploding on television? I never even watched this show (except that one time at a friend's house), and I can't look away, even when I want to. Much of it makes me uncomfortable, but the story line is drawing me in. I'm going to pretend that I'm doing my homework, but I'm only going to be answering questions while that man fast forwards through the commercials.

While the actors tromp around the woods of Georgia on my television, let me share pictures from yesterday's jaunt through Boulder. To get to the field on east campus, we walked along the creek and watched trout play in the shadows. On the way out of the rally, with my face and arms on fire and my hips aching, we sat on boulders and cooled off with the creek water (splashed on my dangerously un-sweaty face). It was a nice way to bookend the event. And it's much more peaceful than the TV drama.






No comments:

Post a Comment