Friday, October 9, 2015

Give Us This Day Our Daily Box

Inspirational song: Let's See How Far You Get (BR5-49)

Remember all those times we said we would open a box every single day we were here, and we'd get through everything stored in the garage? Yeah, me either. I stopped unpacking a month ago. But today we got back on the wagon, and made noticeable progress. I unpacked three or four boxes (depending on how you count partially emptied boxes), and the man moved quite a bit of stuff around in and from the garage. We added a few more things to the donation box, and offered up a family heirloom to our nephew. This is a terrific positive step forward. I even put a handful more pictures on the walls. It changes the feeling of the house in a very real sense. I don't feel calm in a place with bare walls. Now maybe we can think about digging out a rug to pull the living room together.

I've been stuck in my organizing waiting to accomplish a few critical projects. I have crafting supplies in boxes in the garage, in piles in my dressing room, and scattered around on nearly every surface in every room. I'd like to put them all away in one place, but my old supply cabinet was a little worse for the move. The cardboard backer pulled apart and needed to be replaced. We've had a sturdy piece of pressboard for that purpose for a couple months, but did not pull out the table saw until today. Now the cabinet is repaired, and I have started to prime it before painting it. I used the oil-based primer, so now I'm high as a kite and the house stinks. I have no idea whether it will hold the paint or not once I put it on, but I'll still try. Maybe by Sunday it will be dry enough to fill with all my paints and notions.

Tomorrow might be an exciting day. We have plans, but it's not a sure thing that we will be able to get in. I hope it goes off as planned. It should be a once in a lifetime experience. Much more interesting than opening moving boxes.



No comments:

Post a Comment