Monday, April 25, 2016

Make It Fast

Inspirational song: In the Dark (Billy Squire )

I have eighteen percent battery on my phone. Somewhere in my darkened house is my car charger, but I couldn't tell you where. I've been reading a book most of the day, and for the last hour or two I've been doing it by flashlight. The few candles burning are insufficient to illuminate a page. I figured if I was to blog, it was now or never.

Today is the day we finally got around to replacing the horrifying electrical situation in this 56 year old house. The power has been shut off at the box since quarter to nine this morning, and the job just keeps getting more complex. It has been peaceful around here without the hum of electrical motors, but I shudder to think of all that ice cream I brought back from Oklahoma sitting in yet another slowly warming box. As long as I get a warm shower tomorrow before Rotary, I suppose I can handle an evening without power. A brief but violent storm brushed by just as the very last glimmer of ambient light faded, and it was almost like losing power due to weather. Odd that I don't mind it either way.

I'm being beckoned to fetch and carry, since I am armed with the flashlight still. I can only hope I have enough battery left to publish, post, and share. And then I will play like it's olden-times in the dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment