Monday, April 11, 2016

Zero to Sixty

Inspirational song: Your Time Is Gonna Come (Led Zeppelin)

So that was a week and a half ago, when I was completely out of spoons, and wondering how tough it was to go on disability for lupus. I was in deepest despair, convinced that I was never going to get a live client who wanted me to do the job I was trained and licensed to do. Within five days, I had run a crazy-busy open house, and been the beneficiary of the most amazing levels of trust, and was off to the races. I've been going ever since. I'm writing offers, calling other agents, doing research, and living the life. I have more appointments this week, and I have my first real opportunity at getting my own listing. I need to make sure my research is flawless before I get there. I already have a good relationship established with this person. I'm going to build on that, and I am determined to do well.

I hadn't even made it out of bed this morning before I was at work. I probably could have convinced myself to sleep in today, to spend more time recovering. I'm kind of glad I was denied that laziness. I woke up with a start when I got my first work question, and I jumped out of bed, with a fresh bucketful of energy created out of sheer enthusiasm. I needed that extra energy, because I spent most of the day away from home. I doubled my walking goals (as measured by the phone), and we handled all sorts of business that needed doing (and needed doing last week).

We had to kill an hour between a late breakfast and picking up our kid for errands. Where did we spend that hour? At a plant nursery, of course. Where else would we be? Most of what we got were perennials. I can't live without dianthus all over my property, and I found a bunch of them on sale. I've been wanting to grow broom for a while, since we saw it growing wild all over the mountains in California, and I picked up a little yellow broom to go in the front yard. I've got phlox and um... rockcress (maybe?) to go in the back. I've been promised that the golden alyssum will come back year after year. And then there are the lilacs. Since last year, we have acquired ten total lilacs. Park West will be surrounded by them. I think that will be our official company color here. If I ever make a logo, it will be lilac. What do you think, should I make Smith Park business cards?






No comments:

Post a Comment