Sunday, April 17, 2016

On the Move

Inspirational song: Traveling Man (Ricky Nelson)

One time, during my freshman year of college, I decided that I didn't want to take the bus from CU to the airport. A roommate of my best friend had a car, and she was going to fly out about 16 hours before my flight was due to take off. I hitched a ride with the other Ann, and spent the night at Stapleton airport, waiting for my flight. It might not have been the single most uncomfortable night of my life, but it ranks darned close to the top ten.

Apparently I don't learn from my mistakes. This time we decided that taking the bus all the way to DIA was preferable (and it was nice to lean back and let the gentle rocking motion attempt to lull me to sleep). We had two options. We could take the 3 am bus, arriving at the airport 55 minutes before we were scheduled to board, or we could come on the 930 bus, and hang out overnight. So here we are, spending a night sitting up, hoping the next 5 hours pass quickly. At least there are club chairs with power outlets this time around. They don't have the kind of seats where a person can lie down anymore. The benches all have armrests between each seat.

I may have a hard time loading photos for the next week. It can be done, but it's a pain in the ass while I'm stuck using the phone app with that particular flaw that was never patched. I'll try to use extra florid language to compensate for the lack of illustrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment