Monday, April 18, 2016

Some of Everything

Inspirational song: Precious and Few (Climax)

I can do this. I swear. I am physically and mentally capable of loading up a rental truck full of stuff tomorrow, and driving it back home. I'm going to tell myself this over and over like a mantra until I am back home, and the hot tub I'm acquiring this week is in place, powered, full, and warm. I'm also here to get a family heirloom rug, some furniture, some silverware, and any other pieces my parents can convince me to carry home. So far I'm agreeing to take abut 50% of what they are suggesting. My house is already pretty full, so I need to practice restraint this week. But I'm also in need of a few storage pieces, and it would be silly not to take a few sets of shelves and cabinets home. And honestly, the things I'm taking are pretty cool. It will be worth it.

How is it that I, admitted plant addict and recent transplant from South Carolina, didn't really think about the repercussions of traveling to the Deep South in mid April? The weather is gorgeous and the azaleas are in bloom everywhere. It's heavenly. I'm even enjoying the humidity. Ah, I needed this. All of this.

We are having a few challenges to recover from sitting up all night in the airport. I think early bedtime is called for. I will see whether any of the pictures of the day will upload before I go. If it's a convoluted process with the limited tech gadgets I brought, then I will save the bulk of them for a big photo essay when I get back. Let's see what happens now...





No comments:

Post a Comment