Thursday, April 21, 2016

Pressing On

Inspirational song: Life is a Highway (Tom Cochrane)

I received a fair bit of feedback from yesterday's blog. I appreciate it greatly. Not everyone took my side, and I even am grateful for the tough love. I'm not so full of myself that I can't take criticism. I wouldn't have opened myself up for it yesterday if I hadn't wanted to hear all sides. But for those of you who did agree, thanks for making me feel like it wasn't all in my head. The affirmation helped me cool off. I'm better now.

I'm blogging from the highway again. I've spent most of the last two days bouncing in the passenger seat of a Budget truck, feeling guilty for not helping with more of the drive.Then this afternoon I took an hour and a half shift of straight driving through Kansas, and now my hands are sore, I'm stressed and tired, and I am three times as grateful that I wasn't forced to do any more driving than that. What did I sat about being in debt? This is US National Debt level stuff now.

I'm trying not to be too morose. Another part of our childhood died today. I thought about writing a tribute to Prince, but I think a lot of others have covered it well enough already. I had a lot of respect for his musical talent, but not a great knowledge of the man himself. I'll leave it to his biographers.

We expect to be home tonight. I tried to capture a photo of the state line sign as we crossed, and only managed to capture the big bug smear on the windshield as I went past. Not stopping to go back and retake it. Want to be home. Better press on.


No comments:

Post a Comment