Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Not Funny

Inspirational song: You're My Home (Billy Joel)

I'm not sure why they say you've slept funny when you wake up with a stiff neck. It really isn't all that funny. Or fun. I woke up feeling like I'd been in a car accident. I know for certain I didn't have any sort of trauma. I just can't turn my head either direction. It has made it rather challenging to do the physical activity that was required of me on a day like this. In fact, I failed at all levels. Whoops. I think I owe a big debt to the Mister and my parents who picked up the slack for me, more than just the fancy dinner I made for them all.

I'm incredibly lucky that man I brought with me on this trip took physics and has a greater than average grasp of mechanics. He keeps quoting that phrase from Archimedes, "Give me a lever and a place to stand, and I shall move the world." That philosophy got the hot tub turned on its side, after he affixed some two by fours and wheels, and set some boards under it for us to use to lift it. And then we wheeled it to the base of the truck ramp where more magic happened. He had bought two long ropes, two pulleys, and two D rings. Some ingenuity and a tow strap later, and we four mature people easily pulled the hot tub up the ramp and into the truck. Amazing. Pure magic. And that was the point where I got hot and tired and had to run away from the sunny day. In my absence, they loaded up the rest of the truck, leaving me feeling guilty over not pulling my own weight. Nobody suggested I should be. I reached that conclusion on my own.

I spent the evening watching the Tinykittens livestream. The beautiful feral calico who is going blind went into labor tonight, finally. She tried and tried for hours to push out her kittens on her own, but eventually the veterinarian watching the same feed called it and insisted she be brought in for an emergency C-section. It went from being cute and funny watching the sweet mama cat in labor, to being a concern for all involved. Think happy thoughts for those poor little Canadian felines for me. I like it a lot better when they are happy and healthy. Kind of like I like me better the same way.



No comments:

Post a Comment