Friday, June 10, 2016

The Next Phase

Inspirational song: Turn, Turn, Turn (The Byrds)

I resisted, I pretended, I cried, and I stalled. Today I caved. It's not a bad dream from which I can wake. It's real and I had to be a grownup today when I really didn't want to be. We went to the courthouse to file paperwork to get the ball rolling on the legal side. There are mandatory waiting periods and hearings yet to come. And I am every bit as miserable as I expected to be. I'm trying to come up with philosophical statements about the whole thing, but really it's time for me to go be a sad child again. I adulted enough today. I only cried once in front of the county clerk. I think I shall go make up for what I held back. You don't need a play by play description of that. I'll stop here, and leave the rest to your imagination.


No comments:

Post a Comment