Friday, October 13, 2017

And We’re Off

Inspirational song: Mama (Genesis)

Girls weekend has rolled around again, and we are really getting the band back together. My mommy arrived in town this afternoon, for a nice long visit. Tomorrow, four of us are going out for a spa day and lunch where we can watch the football game (and hope). Other daughter arrives the next day. Shenanigans shall ensue.

So in the spirit of preparing for such a jolly good time, I’ve alternated between panic cleaning, racing through projects, and forcible resting, often to the point of falling asleep when and where I didn’t mean to. I should be sleeping now, but I’m too cold and tired to do it. Don’t ask how that math works. Just accept that it is true. I’m exhausted and snuggled under a soft, warm blanket, with my eyes drooping and head nodding. But I can’t sleep. Sure, I had to blog, but I also need to get back up and take my nightly pills, and that means getting out from the blanket. Not happening. The house isn’t really cooler than it was a month ago. But I sure am. I thought I would like it when things cooled down, but I’m miserable. I’m never satisfied, am I?

I only took one picture all day, and it was for an exasperated text. (Just today the man asked me whether I’d seen the tire pressure sensor go off again, for a fourth time since we got new tires in May. Five hours later, it did. Ugh.) I’ll scroll through the old stuff and see whether there is something cute I can use instead. Tomorrow should have better, new pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment