Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Step Into the Light

Inspirational song: Bitter Suite, IV Misplaced Rendezvous (Marillion)

I didn’t plan to make two separate trips to Boulder today, yet I am glad I did. When the opportunity presented itself to go this morning, before the slanted light was gone, I grabbed my chance. Not five minutes before then, I had been watching the light stream in through the front window, reflecting off of the tiny mirrors covering the plaster disco cat, and thought, I need to set an alarm some morning soon and see what beauties await me in the rural parts of the county. It wasn’t super early when I left, but there was still a feast for my eyes the whole way there and back.

I only got the car stopped a few times to take pictures, first at my favorite pond in the whole county, and then leaning out at random places where we stopped. I think at some point I’ll play with these images digitally, and some of the ones from yesterday, to see what I can make from them. Maybe if someone tags me in the game going around Facebook this month, I’ll try them out in black and white. I think the creepy old house rotting in the county open space would be a good candidate for that.

I intended to make my second trip to town today a planning meeting for something special I have in mind for the blog next month, but that got glossed over. I’m running low on time for how I will block that plan out, so I will have to reschedule and quickly.







No comments:

Post a Comment