Sunday, October 29, 2017

Kitteny

Inspirational song: The Year of the Cat (Al Stewart)

Is there anyone who can resist the lure of a kitten? On the block where we live, I would have to say no. No one can. Assimilation of the two newest residents on this side of the street is going phenomenally well. I've gotten several pictures texted to me of River snuggled up with Barley on the couch next door. I knew Barley was a great dog, and very interested in getting to know cats, but when I told him he was getting his very own kitten, he must have prepared himself well. Within a day, they were best friends. The humans over there are enjoying River's company as well.

Harvey is still working on winning his place at Smith Park, but he has still done better than I expected. Mr S-P and I are enchanted, and we scoop him up to snuggle every time we see him. The adult cats take turns tolerating him and reminding him where he stands in the hierarchy. No one has tried to hurt him, but the same cats who calmly continued sleeping when he walked up in one hour have growled at him in the next. Considering how well-formed this pride of cats was when he arrived, this is actually rapid progress.

I don't know who determined that today was an International Day of the Cat. I swear I've seen this swirl around social media at least once this year. I figured I needed to get more pictures of Harvey just in case this was really a thing. I didn't expect him to swat my phone until he located some Halloween themed filters. Of course I used one of them on him. I probably should have taken more snapshots, but I was more focused on recovering from yesterday and learning what Harvey's personality is like. More photos will follow, but today they are few.







No comments:

Post a Comment