Monday, October 16, 2017

Very Funny, Izzard

Inspirational song: In My Life (The Beatles)

He is a beautiful human being. His beauty was on display this evening, in a flowing blue chiffon gown and ruby red heels, in front of a packed crowd at the Paramount Theatre in Denver. He opened up his soul and poured out the story of his life, and he was funny and poignant and emotionally vulberable. We love him all the more for the experience we shared with him tonight.

I didn't ask for a lot for my birthday. (I got way more than I asked for, but I already told you that part a couple days ago.) The one thing I really wanted was for my nuclear family to accompany me to see Eddie Izzard at the Paramount. Back in late August or early September, I read Twitter over my morning coffee, and caught the announcement of the presale not 30 minutes before tickets went on sale. I reached out to both of my daughters, and warned them they were showing up for this. I bought the tickets myself. This was all I wanted. Turns out, now that the show is over, it was *everything* I wanted.

Eddie is brilliant and clever and sharp and devious and avant-garde. He is brave and determined. Audience members got to ask him questions throughout, via Twitter or cards filled out in the lobby. My daughter and a couple of others asked him about his political goals, and he used the example of Winston Churchill to answer. He swore that like Churchill, he would continue to stand for office, until he gets elected (and presumably again after). It's where he wants to succeed, and much as he did when he first got into comedy and then dramatic acting, he will borrow courage from his future self who has already done this before. What a great way to proceed. I think I shall follow his lead.





No comments:

Post a Comment