Monday, October 2, 2017

Unspeakable

Inspirational song: Viva, Las Vegas (Elvis Presley)

I try very hard to keep most of what I say in this space PG rated. But I was awake until 1:30 this morning, watching the videos coming out on Twitter from Las Vegas, getting a very clear idea of the fear and chaos of the moment. I stayed away from the television news until later in the afternoon, knowing it would be a remix of the heartbreaking story. And now, after letting the live interviews roll through my house, I'm in no better of a mood. I'm having trouble finding words. Not PG ones. So even though he doesn't know he is doing it, I'm going to let Lee Papa guest write my column tonight. His online persona is The Rude Pundit, and he means it. His language is beyond R rated. It's what used to earn an X, I guess. But if some bastard unloading 600 or more bullets into a crowd doesn't rate some cathartic swearing, what does?

http://rudepundit.blogspot.com/2017/10/gun-crazy-las-vegas-edition.html

I'm not sure I agreed with every single word, but I felt less bottled-up after I read his post. There will be time to be eloquent with delicate, high-minded language later.


No comments:

Post a Comment