Sunday, August 18, 2019

Almost Time

Inspirational song: Something’s Coming (Barbra Streisand)

It’s getting close now—the last down week. I’ve been careful with myself all day. I did eat breakfast (another peaches and cottage cheese day). I really hope I ate it early enough that it stays down if life goes sideways for me tonight. I’m planning ahead for the next two days, knowing how awful it can be. I waited until late afternoon to shower, in case I can’t do it tomorrow (I haven’t showered on day four yet). I took a nap as my limbs started to feel heavy and weak. And now my cheeks have bright red spots on them (kind of vertical lines), my head is starting to hurt, and the taste in my mouth is just starting to change. I’ve made it all the way to regular bedtime without anything truly horrible, and I kind of want to shut everything off and hope I get one more night of normal sleep.

Instead, I’m daring fate to hurt me. Since my shower, I’ve been sitting on my bed in jammies, watching and endless stream of YouTube videos on tv, letting the algorithm choose my path. For two hours I’ve been stuck on a silly man from California who cooks gluten free and vegan. I’m actually considering trying some of the things he has made, but I’ll have to wait a week or two. I can’t believe my stomach has stayed as settled as it has watching food for this long. I don’t expect it to last much longer.

I’ve been cuddled all day by the cats. They either are just taking advantage of me being still all day, or they recognize I’m starting to feel bad again. Either way, I appreciate their efforts. But now it’s time for me to slide farther into the bed, nudging Athena out of my way. Mean mommy is starting to feel worse.


No comments:

Post a Comment