Friday, August 23, 2019

Sleepover

Inspirational song: Fool on the Hill (The Beatles)

See, Mom, I'm not totally alone. I got it covered. I've had several members of the friends group check in on me, and I even have a buddy (foster daughter) spending the night. It's a good thing she's here, too. We were invited next door to T's to have fajitas (I actually ate!!) and watch a movie. I sat in a corner of the couch the entire night, through a whole movie and three half hour online shows, having my food and water delivered to me. When I got up to go home, I was tired by the time we made it to the door. Halfway home, in my dark front yard, I suddenly realized how long the walk was (late 1950s development -- these houses are not actually far apart), and got a little scared about how far I still had to go to get to my bed. She stayed with me until I was all the way in, rather than getting her overnight bag out of the car, and it was probably a good thing. Wow, that was hard work, moving from T's couch to my bed.

A lot of the nausea that has plagued me this week has started to pass, as of late this afternoon, but the lack of energy is still a problem, obviously. I'm confident that by the middle of next week I'll be perky again, but I'm not expecting much out of myself until then. I have multiple people stopping in to check on me tomorrow, and I hope none of them are offended by a dirty house. I will not even contemplate cleaning for a few days yet. It's so hard, knowing that feeling good is just a few days away, but I still just have to sit and wait while this nonsense takes up space. I got a taste of the good life at the end of last cycle, when my whole body woke up and wanted to work to burn energy, rather than sit very still and conserve it. I want that again, and waiting for it is awful.


No comments:

Post a Comment