Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Goal Achieved

Inspirational song: Splish Splash (Bobby Darin)

When one expects to spend an entire day in bed, it doesn’t take much to exceed expectations. Yesterday was as bad as I thought it would be. Today has been slightly better. Yes, everything still hurts, and yes, I lay down the whole day. But my digestive situation has been far better than previous cycles, and as long as I don’t attempt to eat, I expect it to stay that way. I can tolerate noise, so I had the companionship of the television while the Mr was out of the house all day (since school is back in session). I was able to set a shoot-for-the-moon goal for today, and darned if I didn’t achieve it.

I was getting as stinky as you can imagine, staying in bed, in the same nightgown and underwear for 48 hours. All I wanted to do today was get a bath. No, check that. I wanted a shower, but standing that long wasn’t going to happen. I thought I could do it mid-day, but I blew all my energy by walking a giant piece of Athena fluff from where it sat in the tub to the kitchen trash. I had to lie down for hours after that. It was almost six at night before I could try again. My perseverance paid off. I’m clean, wearing fresh jammies, and my attitude has improved. It’s all I could want at this stage.

The animals were less thrilled with me. As the afternoon wore on, and their regular dinner time came and went, they didn’t respect my answers that I wasn’t capable of feeding them. I got a few terrible pictures of them stomping on my bed, angry that I didn’t jump up and fix dinner. Look, kids, one goal at a time. Let’s talk on Thursday about fitting you into my very busy schedule.


No comments:

Post a Comment