Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Back In Business

Inspirational song: Taking Care of Business (Bachman-Turner Overdrive)

My days of hiding from real life are coming to an end. I still had to be very stingy with my units of energy (whether you call them spoons or spell slots or whatever), but I had to be a big girl and get back on the phone to sort my crap out. I’m supposed to see my rheumatologist for the first time since the surgery, and in the time since I saw her last, my primary care doctor retired, and I got a new one. I called her office on Friday, and asked whether I had already sent over a referral, which I thought I had. They said no, they didn’t have it, and they would call to request it. I clearly explained that I would be down this week, and they needed to handle it without me. So I made myself follow up today. They said they didn’t have the referral, and could I call my doctor. So I did that. Her assistant said she had gotten multiple calls from them, and she had sent both the referral and the clinical notes they demanded. So I called back to talk to the specific person she interacted with. This woman literally contradicted every single thing she told me, multiple times over. Yes, we have the referral. No we don’t have a referral. Yes, I need clinical notes. No, she already sent them. I seriously don’t know where I stand. I also explained to her what I am going through this week, and told her rather frankly, look, I need a nap right now. If I have to reschedule, why don’t you call me, rather than expecting me to work it on my end. I’m kind of done with her.

After almost two whole months, we are just now to the stage of selecting flooring for the condo restoration. Between multiple insurance companies, an HOA that moves at a glacial pace, and all the testing that ServePro had to do (asbestos? In a condo built in the 80s!?), we are probably going to miss September rent too. (My account is completely empty now. It’s gonna be fun.) To choose flooring, the Mr had to drive all the way down to a warehouse in Englewood, south of Denver. So convenient. Obviously, I wasn’t about to go with him, so I had to try to guess from photos what color the options were. I was uptight about it at first, but once we exchanged a barrage of texts, and the lighting and colors changed in every single picture, I got over myself. I told the Mr to use his best judgment, and all I want is for it to just be done. I'm pretty sure it will be fine. The main thing is that there will be a dry floor with neither water nor mold on it. Whatever it takes, I'd just like it to be ready to rent out. I'm kind of done with this process too.

Maybe I need to work on my attitude tonight. I'm waiting for my first actual meal since Sunday, and if the rice spaghetti will ever cook (it takes a long time), I'll have some decent nutrition. It might realign me a little, so I can get back to other business.



No comments:

Post a Comment