Thursday, June 25, 2020

Part One

Inspirational song: Tits and Ass (A Chorus Line)

I checked in with the breast surgeon this afternoon. It had been suggested to me at my recent mammogram that she might be willing to remove the Biozorb marker, since I have continued to feel excessively tender in the area where the tumor was removed. The surgeon said that she has removed two of them, and neither really helped the patients. They also had troubles with chronic illness/chronic pain like I do, and it's more a problem with the surgical site, not necessarily the implant. We moved on to talking about the consultation I had with the plastic surgeon about reconstruction. She asked what he said he could do. I was very excited when I told her how wonderful he made it sound. I asked for her blessing for him to remove the lumpectomy cavity (I believe I am using her words correctly), and she was fine with it. When I left her office, I sat in my car and contacted the plastic surgeon's office to start the ball rolling to schedule it. I'm ready to pull the trigger.

I made a huge mistake this morning. While I waited for the time for my appointment to roll around, I started watching house cleaning videos on YouTube. Oh, man. I was too inspired. I did some preliminary work before I went to see the surgeon, and then went to Target to get some new stuff to keep cleaning with. I didn't find grout pens, which I really want to use in the kitchen, but I did end up buying a new steam mop. I had one about 12 years ago, and it was cheap and mostly useless. I used the fancier one on the wood floors in the bedroom, and I can feel the difference on my bare feet. I love it.

I must have done a combined five hours of cleaning today. I had to stop frequently to rest my sore muscles and to catch my breath. I cannot believe I still haven't finished the bedroom. I only did a few things in other rooms, and will do more tomorrow. Over the last four or five months, my bedroom hadn't gotten more than a cursory tidy and bedding change. For example, I had art supplies piled up under the tv for months, and the ironing board with mask-making stuff was under the window since April. I swept and dusted and steam mopped and carpet shampooed and everything else I could force my body to do before it all shut down and I went next door to play games. Tomorrow I will get up and do it all over again. At least next time there will be slightly less cat barf to clean up.

No comments:

Post a Comment