Monday, June 15, 2020

See and Be Seen

Inspirational song: The Company (Fish)

The orbit in which we currently travel seems to be right around the perfect size for my comfort level. I don't interact with so many people in person that my virus risk levels are high. But neither am I so isolated that my emotional and mental health is impaired. I still get a little nervous when I go to a doctor's office or to King Soopers, and I spend evenings on those days wondering whether I should isolate for a few days. But that fear rarely lasts the whole night, and by the next day I'm confident again.

I made a lunch to share, and convinced the kids to come over for some grandma time. It wasn't a long visit, barely two hours, but it was enough to leave me feeling euphoric about that tiny person yet again. I am spoiled beyond my wildest expectations to be able to see them so often. When they left my house, it was so they could go give the other grandma a video conference, and I felt a little guilty that I have been able to cuddle the baby and she hasn't. I hope things work out that it becomes safe and logistically feasible for her to visit while the baby is so small.

We closed out the evening soaking in the hot tub. T came over and we talked about everything from politics to trigonometry. I eventually got too warm and too tired and left the boys to their beer and conversation. 

I don't know how Mr S-P has the energy to stay out there this late. He spent last night at the cabin, and ended up having to chase the dogs up one side of the mountain and down the other. Elsa got bored and ran off twice yesterday. When he was packing out this afternoon, both dogs took the scenic route down. Elsa eventually showed up when he called her, but Murray was nowhere to be found. They hiked all the way back up to the cabin and most of the way back down to the gate looking for him. During a second trip back up, Murray finally answered the Mr's whistles, yiping pitifully from where he was stuck. We have guesses how he got where he was, and none of them sound like they were any fun. All of them involved increased velocity and gravity.

No comments:

Post a Comment