Sunday, June 14, 2020

Wholesome

Inspirational song: A Noun Is a Person, Place, or Thing (Schoolhouse Rock)

Who doesn't need a break, now and again, from gritty reality? I had a perfect opportunity to spend all day in the wholesome side of my world, and I am the better for it.

My daughter needed extra arms to hold the baby while she tidied house. Her aunt, my sister-in-law, came up to bring a beautiful gift (three original paintings for the baby’s room, of a cat, a monkey, and a bee) and I came early to offer my "help." I did the best I could to keep Miss Crankypants calm, but more than anything I was just a third-string relief for most of the time. Still, I got hours of baby cuddling, and I loved it.

I'm closing out my evening giving myself a pedicure and watching Schoolhouse Rock straight through on Disney Plus. I have been anticipating showing these to my grandchildren for so many years. I can't wait until Valerie is big enough to get something out of them. I swear my writing skills are a direct result of watching these shorts every Saturday morning during the 1970s. 

No comments:

Post a Comment