Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Smile

Inspirational song: Valleri (The Monkees)

A deal has been struck. As long as I keep the baby in the Moby wrap, pressed against me at all times, she is a perfect human. She makes cute little noises; she sleeps angelically. She eventually starts to smell a bit off, but there is always a little give and take.

But if I suggest that she lies free of the bindings, where she can kick her legs or wave her arms, then I suddenly become the meanest grandmother west of the Pecos. She likes being snuggled so tightly she even prefers it when she eats. I found that to be surprising. 

Her sleep seemed deeper today, and her alert time seemed more productive. She studies my glasses when I hold her close, like she is finding the red lines easier to focus on and track with her little fuzzy vision. She smiled a whole lot today, but I'm entirely convinced that was just her "I'm peeing" face. Soon those smiles will be real ones, and I feel fortunate for having seen a preview of coming attractions.

No comments:

Post a Comment