Monday, May 2, 2016

Hold On

Inspirational song: Please Release Me (Engelbert Humperdinck)

Well, poop. I was so excited that I was writing an offer yesterday. And now I'm not. I totally understood what the hiccup was, and I was okay with giving up on this particular attempt. But I am so not giving up on this guy. I want to help him. I want it desperately. I'm going to make it work.

I suppose I can't be too upset at how my day played out. I gained a lot of time to take care of a whole lot of bottlenecked projects. I made big progress today with personal business. And then we took a gaggle of dogs out for their "personal business." Other than a sick visit when we first arrived in Colorado, the dogs haven't found a regular vet since we moved to town. All dogs went to the vet today. No dogs accepted this with good grace and calmness. They weren't nervous, no. They thought it was the greatest adventure ever. We danced and barked and sniffed and tied our leashes around every human who dared get in the way. Okay, maybe Elsa was a little nervous when it was her turn to get on the table that raised up into the air. And Murray was a little nervous watching Elsa get her hot spot shaved and inspected. But overall everyone tolerated being trapped in a little room for a very long time. Until we tried to leave, that is. As soon as the door to the parking lot was open, Murray caught sight of a couple Scotties in the grassy area, and mayhem ensued. All three managed to free themselves from their papa, and ran circles around the loudest small dogs I've ever heard.

I've discovered a flaw in my new life plan. I have spent every night before bed in the hot tub. It has started to replace blogging as my nightly wind-down activity. I was in the process of turning off the TV and heading out for a soak before I remembered I had obligations. I'm going to have to start blogging earlier, to get it out of the way. Last night, after I crawled out of the tub and into bed, I discovered that it is indeed helping me exactly how I needed it to. I was able to fall asleep in under half an hour. This alone makes this tub worth its weight in gold, and you can imagine how much it weighs full. I'm so happy it's mine. I'm never letting it go (until I get a brand new one someday in the distant future).







No comments:

Post a Comment