Saturday, May 21, 2016

Worth the Effort

Inspirational song: Please Mister Please (Olivia Newton John)

It is the nature of earworms, that to be able to infect someone else with one, the target needs to be familiar with the song that you're trying to eradicate from your own mind. I heard an old song on the 70s channel days ago, and it has stuck with me ever since. As everyone knows, an earworm shared is an earworm killed. So when I tried to give mine away this morning, I ran into a problem. Mr S-P claimed never to have heard "Please Mister Please." So I pulled it up on YouTube on my phone, and played it. And chased him around the house when he scampered away, trying to avoid learning it. Here I am at the end of the day, still stuck with it rattling in my head, and a smug man swearing he still doesn't recognize the song. I told him I was going to play it over and over until he learned it, and couldn't get it out of his head if he tried. He warned me that I'd have to have the same result. Totally worth it. Olivia Newton John is on autoplay on YouTube as I write. Maybe "Hopelessly Devoted to You" can crush out the first song for me.

I showed a handful of homes to my friends this morning. Two of them were total stinkers, and I cornered my friend in one of them and entreated, "Please tell me that you don't want this. I don't want this for you guys." He promised that he didn't. But one house was spectacular. I want them to land it so much. And it's not merely because it's a short twenty minute car ride from my own house. (Although that does appeal greatly.) This is a hundred year old house that has been updated several times over the years, while still maintaining a great deal of original charm. It is livable as it is now, but with some elbow grease and love, it could be spectacular. The inside was cool, the outside was established and spacious, and around the corner were million dollar views. Now I need to wait to see whether they let me write up an offer. Oh, please, oh, please.







No comments:

Post a Comment