Thursday, May 12, 2016

My Turn for the Visit

Inspirational song: Mother and Child Reunion (Paul Simon)

It's vacation time. Not mine, but my mother's. I get to have some serious mommy and me time over the weekend, so watch out. Anything can happen. In fact, I think we're hoping for a little of that. We're hoping to cut loose and have some fun.

It's a slow start so far. It was a long, long travel day, so we're both taking it easy. Our biggest accomplishment thus far was grocery shopping in the biggest King Soopers in the state (I assume). Both of my girls got a chance to visit with her, one in person and one on the phone. And then we needed some feet-up, full-wineglass time to get the ball rolling on the rest of the evening. And after a soak, I'm not sure there is much energy left for me to write a whole lot.

So I need to decide quickly what make a good "Colorado experience" these days, and make that happen this weekend. Got tickets to a local musical production, plans for dinner in the most Boulder of Boulder restaurants, and a planned trip to the mountains. Maybe a few other tricks up our sleeves. I'd welcome suggestions, but they need to be mostly indoors and suitable for non-athletic women.

But for now, it's time to rest and get up a good head of steam. Plus, there is a houseful of kitties who need to bond with Grandma. Does this mean that I'll have fewer bodies pinning me in place tonight while I sleep?





No comments:

Post a Comment