Thursday, May 19, 2016

Wins and Losses

Inspirational song: No One Is To Blame (Howard Jones)

I do have good news to report. When we went up to our monthly sales meeting today, we all wore our volunteer t-shirts, and posed for a group photo with our new award, from the Larimer County United Way. We won a "Corporate Volunteer Hero" award, for our brokerage's commitment to giving back to our community. I recently had a local agent try to convince me to leave my brokerage and come work for one down in my home town. No thanks, I said. I am very happy with the mission of our brokerage, and I'm going to stay where I am. In fact, we are growing again. Two more agents just joined us, and were introduced to the group. I'm thrilled to see a bigger crowd, even if we had to scrounge up an extra chair in the board room for our meeting this morning. I feel like I'm in on the ground floor of something wonderful.

Unfortunately for me, that was pretty much the highlight of my day. I have tried to maintain a good attitude, but I appear to be fighting that battle with both hands tied behind my back. In fact, that would probably be an improvement, because both of my hands hurt so badly. So do my arms, my shoulders, and pretty much everything between my heart and my jaw. I keep feeling like I'm going to fall over and melt into a puddle of exhaustion at any second. A two hour nap made absolutely no difference. I'm wiped out. I didn't think I overextended myself that much over the last week or two, but I must have. You know that level of dirty dishes when you are digging for a spoon to eat with, and all you can find is a slotted serving spoon and the old baby spoon from when your kids were little, the one that you don't understand why it's still in the drawer? In the lingo of chronic illness, I was down to those two spoons to get me through the entire day today.

I thought I was going to take it easy today, and feel better and more like myself tomorrow. At this rate, I'll be lucky to accomplish a single one of the four options I have pulling for my attention on Saturday, if I manage to take tomorrow completely off. If you are one of those people who suggested an activity for this weekend, I'm not blaming you for my fatigue and sense of being overwhelmed. I'm letting you know now that there might be a cancellation in my immediate future. Or two. Or four.





No comments:

Post a Comment