Monday, November 7, 2016

Bath

Inspirational song: Gimme Some Water (Eddie Money)

My string of mediocre Mondays is continuing. Another Monday spent with Icy Hot in my veins, and little electric shocks in my muscles. It's not fun, but it's not unexpected. I almost didn't even mind it so much. I spent most of the day taking it easy, working when I could, resting when I could. I did start the day with a painkiller, even before my coffee. Needs must, and all that jazz. Once I finish here, I'll close out the day in the hot tub, and everything will be okay.

I showed a house this evening, after dark. We all carried flashlights, knowing that it would be necessary. The house was built in 1992, or so it said, but it felt like it was at least 10 years older than that. The bathrooms in this place were particularly dated. They both had blue fixtures, one set in Wedgwood blue, the other in navy. Each had hexagonal sinks and trapezoidal toilets, with the original trapezoidal seats. (The one I actually looked at had big bare patches where the original paint had been scrubbed off of the wood. Not a good selling feature.) And the master bath had dark blue plush carpeting leading all the way up to the big soaker tub. It wasn't an unpleasant house to tour. For all that it was dated and odd, it had what could only be termed "good flow." And it was huge. The full basement was unfinished, leaving endless possibilities (although it wasn't already roughed in for a third bathroom anywhere down there). I don't expect my folks to come back and ask to offer on it, but I don't think any of us actually hated it. The search will continue.




No comments:

Post a Comment